20 June 2010

Read: Must-have Bags (per Nina Garcia)

I love bags, so does my Mom, even if she reprimands me for buying too many. I know she also uses them so she really can't force me to stop buying since she benefits from it.

I only buy the bags I need and sometimes I need plenty *wink*.

I just finished Nina Garcia's The Little Black Book of Style and one of the things I took note of is the chapter on BAGS. I did a little research too!

How I wish I could get my hands on these, but who knows. I'm really not big on designer stuff but I'm a hypocrite if I'd say I wouldn't want to have one. And if I'll have one, I'd make sure that it will be an investment piece.

So here is a list of the must-have bags from the book mentioned above and my thoughts on each. Enjoy!

Chanel 2.55
A bag with a very interesting history. Who wouldn't want a classic? Learning about its past made me want it even more. I like the idea of the secret pockets and zippers and I like bags with structure. Oh! I'll have it in black, medium-size.

Photo from the Purse Blog.

Also check out Purse Blog's Five Reasons to Own a Chanel Flap Bag. I don't need any more persuasion, I'm going to get one for myself.

Louis Vuitton Speedy
LV is one brand everyone will recognize. Yes, they are known for its luggage but where I came from, it's the monogram on the bag they're after. The LV Speedy reminds me of a doctor's bag. I like how spacious it is (I don't own one but I've seen a lot of it already) and how broad the design selections are. I think this is something my mom will like but for me, I have a different LV bag in mind.
    Photo from the Purse Blog.
 I'll get an Alma instead, preferably the red one:


Gucci Jackie O 
Named after fashion icon Jackie Kennedy Onassis as she was often seen carrying this classic Gucci bag.
As fashion evolves, so do these classics. Gucci has launched new designs of this iconic bag. I'm still not sure if I want this though.

Hermes Birkin
The highly coveted bag popular among celebrities and rich people. Of course, it's only them who can afford. I would love to have one but its a tad bit expensive for a peasant like me.
 Photo from the Purse Blog.

How I wish I could have all these in a snap, but one thing I look forward to is having to save up for something I want and being able to buy it in the end. The question now is - when?

      2 comments:

      1. You see that Birkin??? I'm gonna have one some day. hahaha!

        ReplyDelete
      2. is it cheaper there in Japan? do you recommend second-hand shops?

        ReplyDelete