25 June 2012

TRAVEL: It was 2006 when I fell in love...

With Singapore.

Singapore was the destination of my first out-of-the-country trip. I could say, it was love at first land.

I did not do any research prior to my vacation because we stayed with my cousin living in the city. It was more 'go with the flow' type of travel.

They were staying at Bukit Timah, where the highest point of Singapore is located. They were staying at a condominium with a beautiful view.

Bukit Timah intersection.
The roads are very clean! No billboards, no shanties, no garbage. I didn't think that was possible.

Their place had a pool. I always think that houses with pools are very cool and that my future home will have one too.
My first attempt at moving shots. My nephew, Antroyce, playing in the pool.



We went around Singapore's various tourist destinations with my cousin and her family. 
Singapore Zoo with Antroyce.
Spotted some cute babies playing. How adorable is that mohawk?
Anjo on a Ben and Jerry's cow.

"Crouching Dragon, Hidden Armpit"
Can't remember if this was the view from the cable car or the sky ride.
Underwater World Singapore with Anjo.
My travel buddy.




By the Singapore River I sat down and dreamed.

Of course, a trip to Singapore requires a stroll along Orchard Road just to go to the different malls along the stretch. 

Very day-off shot at the Orchard MRT before ION Orchard was built.
The love affair has just started. I told myself then that I'll come back, live and if I get lucky, hopefully I could work here too. It was possible, it was a start.

P.S. The adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment