21 July 2012

#happybirthdaylarkie Part 1

I always look forward to friends visiting me here in Singapore. They bring me a piece of home every time just by their presence.

So for the month of July as part of her birthday celebration, my best friend, Lark, is back in the little red dot. This would make it her second time here. I did not get to spend much time with her the first time because I was on my way to Kota Kinabalu last year.

So I made it a point to make it up to her this year. I had carefully planned the weekend in my head making sure that I have space for adjustments. And with the lovely friends I have, it's most likely to happen.

I volunteered to pick her up like I did last year. I made sure I had the right airport terminal this time because last year, I went to the wrong one. What I did not expect was a wrong bus. It was a rush hour on a Friday so I avoided the trains and I did not want to take a cab because it's gold. That was a wrong decision to take a bus not sure where it ends so I made her wait for 20 minutes or more. But the one thing I love about my best friend is she's very patient and her being excited helped. She was in her birthday mood and is excited as ever.

After the tight hugs, her birthday adventure continues...

The #happybirthday Salubong

For every visitor we have, Maggie Thai is the ideal dinner venue and the staple order include:

Cereal butter prawn, pineapple rice and sambal kang kong.
 
Of course, dessert is in the menu too. Automatically after dinner is a trip to  Ji De Chi Desserts also along Liang Seah Street.

Catching up over meals is the best.

A Magical #happybirthday

Breakfast was cooked and served for the celebrant. After dragging her for some errands, we had to go for chicken rice, per her request. A birthday won't be complete without a cake. 


Off to the Harry Potter Exhibition we went...


Where she was sorted to Slytherin...


We also passed by the Andy Warhol Exhibition to rest our tired feet...


A day in Singapore will not be complete without eating at Makansutra.


The most fun part of the day is spending it with half of the best(est) friends in the whole wide world.


P.S. Celebration doesn't end here...


1 comment:

  1. thanks bes! :) i feel so happy every time i think of my singapore birthday! :) see you soooooon!! :) love u!

    ReplyDelete