22 March 2012

Valentino Retrospective... a year later

This is a very late blog post. It's not that I don't have time but it's more of I don't really know what to write. Here goes nothing or something that might interest you.

Fashion is one of my many interests, believe me I have too many that I want to do everything imaginable and unimaginable!

When I found out that the House of Valentino will be displayed in Singapore, I knew I had to go and see it. The exhibition, "Valentino Retrospective: Past, Present, Future", featured a number of the designer's notable and memorable ensembles.

This was what greeted me as I entered the exhibition.

If you look up, this is what you'll see...



Ain't it grand? I was speechless and excited!

The exhibit was divided according to colors, prints and couture. But only the colors were lined in groups.

BLACKS
REDS
The venue was a bit too spacious so I didn't feel the intimacy of it. However, the lighting helped plus it was really cold because it's how the dresses are preserved. Not only dresses but anything of value, I guess.

Pixelated photos of Valentino and Hollywood celebrities were also displayed as a wallpapers and some of his quotable quotes describing his experience as a designer.

Can you name these celebs?

I immediately spotted some pieces that I really, really, really and I mean really LOVE! I'll have to make another post for that though.


It was an awesome experience filled with daydreams of one day owning a Valentino piece or being dressed by the House of Valentino for a special occasion. 

I love how the ensembles boast of classic and timeless beauty and how the exhibition was consistent in celebrating his design vision.  

One of the quotes which caught my eye was:

 "I always wanted to make women beautiful." - Valentino

And he did. A damn good job. I wish I'd be one of those women. For now, I'll continue dreaming.

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment