07 January 2012

Jason Mraz and the elements of a love song

I am a fan of music. I'm not an expert, I just love listening to it. Don't be surprised I'm Pinoy, we all love music.

I like those which I can easily listen to, most of the time it's pop. No preference for a particular genre but to be honest, I never really understood Metallica. I don't follow any singer or band religiously but I'm updated. 

One thing is for sure: if it catches my attention it's definitely on my playlist.

If you ask me what the elements of a love song are, I cannot promise to give you an unbiased response. I'll just say it's "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.


Mr. Mraz had me at "I won't give up on us / Even if the skies get rough / I'm giving you all my love / I'm still looking up".



Plus how he incorporated handwritten letters, postage stamps and heavenly bodies in the music video.

You have to listen and watch to understand what I'm saying.

 

P.S. It's not the theme song of my life right now but I want it to be.

P.P.S. This is not dedicated to anyone. I just love the song it's playing on loop the whole week.

No comments:

Post a Comment