27 July 2011

So like a Ho

Everytime someone asks me what I do for a living I find it hard to make them understand what Public Relations is. Trust me, I get funny responses sometimes like:

Person: So what do you do for a living?
M: I'm in the PR industry.
P: Oh, so you're a permanent resident (of Singapore).
M: *facepalm*

Another one would be:

P: You're in PR, like Advertising!
M: *shouting in my head* For crying out loud PR is not and it's never Advertising. Understand???

I guess this will explain what I do better.

I'm actually like a prostitute... 

So what's it really like working in the PR industry? (Shared by my colleague, who's also like a prostitute)
  • Our ‘customers’ are called clients... like prostitutes
  • We work in weird shifts... like prostitutes
  • They pay you to make the client happy... like a prostitute
  • The client pays a lot of money, but your employer keeps almost every penny... like a prostitute
  • You are rewarded for fulfilling the client's dreams... like a prostitute
  • Your friends fall apart and you end up hanging out with people in the same industry as you... like a prostitute
  • When you meet the client you always have to be perfectly groomed... like a prostitute
  • But when you go back home it seems like you are coming back from hell... like a prostitute
  • The client always wants to pay less but expects incredible things from you... like a prostitute
  • When people ask you about your job, you have difficulties to explain it... like a prostitute
  • Everyday when you wake up, you say: I'M NOT GOING TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE DOING THIS"..... OH just like a prostitute
The only difference is the prostitutes can take Christmas and New Year's Eve off and they actually DO make a lot of money!!!

Yes, that's me... just like a prostitute

No comments:

Post a Comment