24 July 2011

Finding someone to roll with

There are those nights when I feel alone, like I-pity-myself-for-being-alone just like last Friday. 

As usual, I was the last one in the office (I finished all my timesheets). Oh, and I don't have a date. I don't even bother going home early because there's no one there waiting for me. I do sound pathetic now.

One thing I'm grateful for is the Internet. It keeps me entertained and connected with my friends back home. That particular Friday night took a U-turn and swerved away from boredom.

Here's why...

A random conversation with Evan, my love. Thanks for making my usually boring Friday night fun even from miles away.

P.S. Conversation translated to English (but I swear it would be funnier in Filipino).

E: Still in the office?
M: No. Just finished doing the laundry. I miss home just because I usually don't do chores.
E: Price of independence.
M: Yes. Tomorrow I have to iron my clothes, clean the room (and the ranting goes on). At least I can get married already given my household skills.
E: *laughs*
M: I just don't like washing the dishes. And I don't know how to cook so you'll die of hunger if we ever get married *laughs*
E: I know how to cook *LOL* It's quite fun to experiment in the kitchen. I just don't like to wash the dishes *LOL*
M: OK ;-)
E: But it's tolerable (washing dishes) *LOL*
M: So how are we going to eat? Do we just use paper plates? *laughs*
E: Banana leaves *LOL* or we could get a dishwasher *LOL*
M: Can! *laughs*

The conversation went on until after past midnight but I don't want to divulge the details of that part of the chat because I could get killed. *wink*

Well, except for one important reminder: Don't look for someone who will fill you or make you whole. Instead, find someone who will roll with you. 

"Can you be my rolling buddy? Let's rock and roll!"
I intend to find my Big O, that is if I can't convince you to roll with me, E! It was a fun Fridate night over Facebook chat with you. I miss you lots!


No comments:

Post a Comment