21 February 2010

Dewey Decimal System

I love books.

The affair started with Nancy Drew in high school. I vowed to read and finish all the mystery novels before I graduate, which I was able to do *yay to me*. And now, as a follow up on that vow I plan to buy the whole set so I can build my very own library. Haha! Which will take me several years to finish considering the state of my pocket.

I had several dilemmas while preparing for the SG adventure - what books must I bring with me and what about my other books dilemma. Talk about separation anxiety with books. I even thought of arranging it into a file so I can track my growing library before leaving. I already started it actually. I typed the books I have saving it in a Microsoft Excel document and if my OC persona kicks in, I will eventually start filing it using the Dewey Decimal System (which I am currently studying and internalizing).

Considering the luggage limit of Cebu Pacific (15 kilos), I was able to bring only the following books:
1. P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern from Junie. I started reading it late 2009 but still not done so I plan to finish reading it here since I've already watched the movie (which made me cry a river).
I have a thing for read-the-book-before-they-turn-it-into-a-major-motion-picture-and-change-the-cover-and-increase-the-book-price so I MUST READ ALL BOOKS.

2. Nina Garcia's Little Black Book of Style and The One Hundred. Since Singaporeans are quite fashionistas and shopaholics, must step up if I want to keep up or get ahead of them.
And the greatest thing in a foreign country with little money to spare, you can always find bargains. I found these in Suntec City Mall: not one but two Neil Gaiman books - Coraline and Stardust for S$ 3.00 each (that makes it Php 96.00 each).Still, I miss Book Sale.

3 comments:

  1. sana nga neil gaiman will visit sing.haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi ako pwede lumipat ng bansa. Mag-eexcess baggage ako sa poetry books, hindi ko sila kayang iwan. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! xta sabi ko naman i'll be back for my books. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete