07 November 2011

Disconnection

I've been very reliant on technology ever since I moved to Singapore. Don't blame me, it's the fastest way to get me connected to my family at home and friends from all over. It's a given that I use it at work. That would be eight to ten hours a day = 50 hours in a week. Sometimes I bring my laptop at home so I can watch series and movies, browse the Internet or write.

I know it's not healthy so I try as much as possible to do other things which do not require Internet connection. So today, I dragged my lazy ass, got my camera and walked around Punggol Park to jog and watch the sun set.

Here are some of the photos I took.

Spot the cat.
Water activities at Punggol Park.
Alone.
Sunset.
Sometimes it feels good to be alone. You have time to think and take in all the things around you. In this wired world, disconnection has become a privilege.

1 comment:

  1. yep, there are days when we need clarity but disconnection (at prolonged periods) has a way of making professionals feel uncomfortable and extremely paranoid.

    sam had a terrible habit of checking the blackberry even if it's not blinking (during her days at G.) Hahaha.

    - diana

    ReplyDelete