24 April 2011

Au revoir!

I have this bad habit of starting something and stopping in the middle, then forgetting all about it. And this is my attempt of breaking the habit - by completing what I write.


Moving on...


I hate goodbyes.


It's such a sad word like an ending, a full stop. What makes it sadder is what happens after that.

I'm a bit emotional about this. Two of my friends, although I only knew them not too long ago, just went back to US and Spain. Another one is going back to Korea in two three weeks.


James, me, Helga, and Wai (is not going anywhere)


Living in a different country is hard, most of the time you're alone finding your way around. And then you meet these people, exchange stories, share thoughts, argue and laugh endlessly, take the battle in KTV sessions, and drown yourselves with food. Spending time together makes you forget homesickness.


I've always known that there will come a time when we have to part and move on with our own lives. I've learned to accept it and just think that I've gained friends from other parts of the world. Ain't it cool - building international relations? I think it's awesome!


I have to stop saying 'goodbye'. I read an editor's note about the same sentiments I have with the word. Like me, she doesn't like the word. She'd go with au revoir, which literally means see you again.


I apologize in advance for being emo. I'm really not like this most of the time, oh you know me. I just really miss you guys.


P.S. Alexis, don't go anywhere!


Me and Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment